Comments for Mom's Award-Winning Turkey Chili Recipe


Submitter comment: Mom's been making this chili for us every fall as long as I can remember. This year, I made the chili with her, taking careful notes so I could make it myself whenever I wanted. I thought it was too good not to share -- hope you enjoy it!

*Love* this recipe. I make it the day before every football game, and it's perfect. Go Vikings!

Too spicy.

My family loves this chili! I use jalapenos instead of a habanero pepper and it's just the right flavor for me.

I've made this chili on several occasions, and it's perfect every time. I substitute 2 lbs of ground chuck for the turkey and add only half of the beans (I share the same bed as my husband, after all!) and it's wonderful.

Great chili. I made it with 3 lbs of stew beef I had in the fridge and didn't add the chili peppers as I have issues with heartburn and it came out fine. Recommend it to anyone.

A family favorite!

One star. I tried it, but found it to be bland. I don't know what's wrong with all the others here bitching about how hot it is. I much prefer Mom's Famous Turkey Chili recipe -- now that's some chili!

This chili has become a tradition with me. I make it at least once every fall. It's perfect. I like to substitute a pound each of ground chicken and bison to liven up the flavor. And rather than habaneros, I throw in a couple of chipotle chilies instead. The hot chocolate mix tends to balance out the hotness of the peppers, but I've found that dark cocoa works just as well. And I like to add a few pinches of cinnamon before it simmers. You can't go wrong with this recipe -- it's a winner!

Sarah: this is your mother. I can't believe you shared my recipe with the whole world. I should've known that there was a reason you were copying the recipe down. You haven't cooked a damn thing in your life. Please take this down immediately. You have no right.

Has anyone tried it with venison instead of turkey? I'm looking for a good venison chili recipe, help!

I made it with apple juice instead of the beer the recipe calls for (long story, but doc tells me I need to "lay off the sauce" - lol). It makes pretty good chili, though other recipes are much better.

A veggie version of this is easy (and healthier, and kinder!) I substituted a pkg of tofu crumbles for the meat, and added some chopped up carrots and squash too. And, of course, I subbed veggie stock for the beef. Good stuff -- I'll def make it again.

I was skeptical when I saw that it calls for 'regular' chili powder rather than authentic chili powder from Mexico, but after making it, I was won over. Rather than cooking it on a stove, I put all of the ingredients except the beans and peppers in a crock pot for six hours, and it was delicious. Try it with Mexican chili powder, and you'll be won over to!!!

Sarah: Mom again. Two weeks have passed and this is still up? It's my recipe, TAKE IT DOWN NOW OR FACE REPERCUSSIONS. Christmas will be here soon, so you'll see me even if you keep ignoring my phone calls.

Submitter comment: mods, please remove the above 'reviews' mentioning Sarah. I have no idea who this woman is.

D*mn good chili!

Very tasty, but *extremely* spicy. Teflon stomachs only for this one. Two stars only because the others spontaneously combusted!

Sarah: don't make me pursue legal action. You know how that went last time. And I thought we put all of this behind us. Turned over a new leaf and all that?

Just perfect as-is. Thanks Sarah. Or her Mom. Or whoever came up with this recipe. Superb!

Another week gone by. I'm waiting, Sarah...

In the recipe it says '2 medium onions,' how big is medium? Does it matter which kind of onions? Anyone know?

Submitter comment: mods, though I have no idea who the person is claiming to be my mother, please remove this recipe and close my account.



No comments:

Post a Comment